The idyllic hamlet of Maria di Sales exudes its own special magic, crowning a green meadow at 978 metres above sea level, just above the entrance to Val Badia. It’s no wonder a once popular little pilgrimage church was built at this power place in 1653, between meadows, forests and a bunch of farmsteads. Early visitors found their way to the area even before that: The Saalerwirt right next to the chapel started receiving visitors in 1587.
in the idyllic hamlet of Maria di Sales, right above the entrance to Val Badia
landmarked inn built in the 13th century
simple, organic, traditional South Tyrolian food
1587, family-run since 1887
baroque pilgrimage church, original well, natural bathing pond
Today, the historic wine tavern is a refuge for body and mind.
Nature, craftmanship and tradition unite in the rooms, suites and the rest of the simple but excellent inn...
...to create something that has felt like home for generations.
The magic of pilgrimages past. Saalerwirt.